Joanne W. Young, Managing Partner of the Washington, DC-based law firm, Kirstein & Young PLLC, is a graduate of the Georgetown University Law Center and Wesleyan University. She represents clients on commercial, regulatory, antitrust, election law, and litigation matters, with a focus on the aviation, shipping and defense industries. She has taken leadership positions on such issues as international privacy, antitrust/competition, and election integrity matters.
Ms. Young has been elected President of the Washington Foreign Law Society, the Women’s Bar Association, the International Aviation Club, and the International Aviation Women’s Association, and as Chair of the Regional Airline Association – Associate Member Group. She founded Executive Women in Aviation and served on the Board of Trustees of Wesleyan University, and on the Board of the Women’s Bar Foundation, the ABA Air & Space Law Forum and the D.C. Bar Law Practice Steering Committee.
Ms. Young was named the 2013 Attorney of the Year by the Boy Scouts of America National Capital Area Council and serves on the Board of the City Club of Washington and as a Co-Chair for the Annual Vital Voices Kennedy Center Global Leadership Awards. She was named a Star of the Bar in 2015 by the Women’s Bar Association.
She is a Member of the New York State and District of Columbia Bars.
- 2016 Trump-Pence Campaign: RNLA Deployment Team Leader (New Hampshire)
- D.C. Delegation – 2016 Republican Convention
- Republican National Lawyers Association (RNLA): Board Member 1996 – Present;
VP-Finance 2014-2016; VP-Washington Operations 2012-2014
- Lawyers Democracy Fund: Vice President 2016-present; Board Member 2015-present
- D.C. Republican Party Executive Committee: 2015-present
- D.C. Urban Platform 2016 – Committee Member
- League of Republican Women of DC: Board Member 2012-present
- 2012 Romney-Ryan Campaign: Virginia War Room – Responsible for SE Virginia Roving Legal Teams/Incident Reports
- Romney Transition Team – 2012
- D.C. Delegation – 2012 Republican Convention
- Co-Chair - 2012 DC Republican Party Platform Committee
- Rudy Giuliani Delegate – 2008
- 2004 Bush–Cheney Campaign: Steering Committee - W Stands for Women
- 2004 Bush–Cheney Campaign: 72 hour Legal Task Force - Columbus, Ohio
- 2000 Bush–Cheney Campaign: – Worked in Battle Ground States including as poll watcher on Election Day