Michael R. Davis is an attorney and the managing member of the Law Office of Michael R. Davis, LLC. Mike's law practice focuses on providing general legal advice and strategic counseling to startup through mid-sized companies, as these companies navigate the formation, dealmaking, transactional, litigation, arbitration, mediation, regulatory, procurement, compliance, government-affairs, public-policy, political, and public-relations worlds. Mike started his law practice, after serving for nearly five years at one of the largest law firms in the world and one of the highest-ranked litigation firms in Colorado. In both 2010 and 2012, Super Lawyers recognized Mike as one of the Colorado Rising Stars for general litigation.*
Complementing his legal skills, Mike has significant experience with government, public policy, politics, public relations, and crisis communications and management. He has served in all three branches of the federal government, including for the President, for a cabinet secretary, as a federal prosecutor, for the Speaker of the House, for a senior senator, and for a federal circuit judge. In law school, the U.S. Secretary of Education appointed Mike as the sole student member of the U.S. Advisory Committee on Student Financial Assistance. Mike has also assisted with numerous federal, state, and local political and public-relations campaigns.
Outside of his law practice, Mike is heavily involved in the community. He serves on the board of advisors for the Alliance for Choice in Education (ACE), a Denver-based nonprofit organization that advocates for and provides K-12 opportunity scholarships to low-income families. Mike also serves as a founding member of the board of directors and the secretary, treasurer, and legal counsel for Achieve Colorado, a 501(c)(4) nonprofit disability advocacy organization.
* Super Lawyers selects as Rising Stars no more than 2.5% of lawyers who are either 40 years old or younger or in practice for ten years or less.
- Startup through Mid-Sized Businesses
- Business Formation, Dealmaking, and Transactions
- Intellectual Property, Technology, Trade Secrets, Employment, and Competition
- Regulatory, Compliance, and Procurement
- Investigations, Crisis Management and Communications, and Public Relations
- Government Affairs, Political Law, and Public Policy
- Dispute Resolution, Litigation, Arbitration, and Mediation