Please mark your calendars for an event you don’t want to miss.
What: 2020 GOP Candidates Reception & Republican National Lawyers Association (RNLA) O.C. Chapter 2020 Kickoff Meeting
When: Tuesday, July 30, 2019
Time: 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Where: Cummins & White LLP, 2424 SE Bristol St., Suite 300, Newport Beach, CA
This reception will include:
(1) Our RNLA Chapter meeting with a brief briefing by RNLA Orange County Chapter Chair Garrett Fahy to get you dialed in for the upcoming GOP convention in Indian Wells in September and the 2020 election. Fahy will provide an update on changes in California election laws and the different procedures taking place in 2020.
(2) A 2020 Republican Candidates Reception featuring 2020 Republican candidates for Congress, CA legislature, and county supervisor seats. The invite just went out this week and thus far our confirmed guests are congressional candidates Young Kim, Michelle Steel, and Brian Maryott, State Senators Ling Ling Chang and John Moorlach, and County Supervisor Don Wagner. Come hear how they’ll take back Orange County.
(3) A 2020 Congressional campaign briefing by Sam Spencer, OC native and field director for the National Republican Campaign Committee (NRCC) this cycle.
The event will feature beer, wine, and appetizers sponsored by Regal Court Reporting. Parking is free.
2018 National Election Law Seminar
Please join the RNLA at our National Election Law Seminar in Charlotte, North Carolina, on Friday, August 2, and Saturday, August 3, 2019. The Seminar will last all-day on Friday and conclude after lunch on Saturday.
- Up to 9 credit hours of continuing legal education (CLE), including 1 hour of ethics credit.
Classes taught by national election law experts covering topics including:
- The most recent developments in election law and what may be coming to your state soon
- Special preview of the 2020 Republican National Convention
- Redistricting and other voting-related litigation
- Cybersecurity in elections
- Disclosure and political speech regulation
- Campaign finance law and compliance
- Ethics in election law
- Election Day Operations (EDO)
- HR 1, “vote harvesting,” and liberal ideas such as 16-year-olds voting
- Sessions for novice and advanced election law lawyers
- North Carolina election law workshop
The Seminar will take place at the:
Charlotte Marriott City Center
100 West Trade Street
Charlotte, NC, 28202
Luncheons both days will feature a keynote address by prominent conservative and Republican leaders. A Friday evening reception is included with the cost of registration.
Currently, the schedule for this year’s Seminar is being drafted. Confirmed speakers to include:
- Secretary R. Kyle Ardoin, Louisiana Secretary of State
- Secretary John Merrill, Alabama Secretary of State
- Commissioner Christy McCormick, U.S. Election Assistance Commission
- Commissioner Don Palmer, U.S. Election Assistance Commission
- Jackie Barber, Chief Counsel, U.S. Senate Committee on Rules & Administration
- Erin Clark, Deputy General Counsel, National Republican Congressional Committee
- Justin Clark, Senior Political Advisor and Senior Counsel, Donald J. Trump for President, Inc.
- Ryan Dollar, General Counsel, National Republican Senatorial Committee
- Cole Felder, General Counsel at U.S. House of Representatives, Committee on House Administration
- Ben Gibson, General Counsel, Republican Party of Florida
- Nathan Groth, In-House Counsel, Donald J. Trump for President, Inc.
- Bilenda Harris-Ritter, Commissioner, Arkansas State Board of Elections
- Ron Hicks, Deputy General Counsel, Republican Party of Pennsylvania
- Stefan Passantino, former Deputy White House Counsel
- Justin Riemer, Chief Counsel, Republican National Committee
- John Ryder, former General Counsel, Republican National Committee
- Hans von Spakovsky, Manager, Election Law Reform Initiative, Heritage Foundation
Register below or click here to download a mail-in form.
***This event is not a fundraiser. RNLA provides opportunities for its members to meet and hear from Republican and conservative leaders.***
The RNLA would like to thank the generous sponsors of the 2019 National Election Law Seminar:
Law Firm Level
Please note: Registration includes both days of the Seminar: Friday, August 2, and Saturday, August 3, 2019. The Seminar will last all-day on Friday and conclude after lunch on Saturday. Lunch both days and an evening reception on Friday are included in the cost of registration.
Please see Day 1 for details and to register.
You are invited to an exclusive RNLA happy hour with Congressman Mike Gallagher hosted by the Wisconsin Chapter of the Republican National Lawyers Association.
Thursday, September 5th at 5:30pm
Rock Bottom Brewery
This is a great opportunity to network with fellow Republican lawyers and elected officials – as well as learn the latest on congressional activity in Washington, DC. Space is limited so please reserve your spot today, please RSVP BELOW!
This event is not a fundraiser. RNLA provides opportunities for its members to meet and hear from Republican and conservative leaders.
Join the Republican National Lawyers Association for a day of continuing legal education, networking, and beer tasting.
Saturday, September 7, 2019
9:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
CLE Programming & Lunch from 11am-2pm
Cost: $45 RNLA Members
$135 for Non-Members + one-year Regular RNLA membership
$250 Silver Sponsorship (includes up to 4 tickets and a special gift)
$500 Gold Sponsorship (includes up to 8 tickets and a special gift)
Ticket includes transportation and lunch. Buses will depart Arlington and Richmond at 9:30am
for a day of CLE and sampling local microbrews.
- Expert panelists discussing redistricting in Virginia, emerging trends in the regulation of social media, and recent developments in alcohol licensing and advertising in Virginia
- Catered lunch with special speaker
- Private beer tasting at award-winning brewery
**RNLA is applying for 2 hours of CLE credit in Virginia.**
For questions, please email Robert Sinners at email@example.com
Space is limited. RSVP today at the link below!
Please join the Republican National Lawyers Association for a luncheon
with honored guest
Senator Susan Collins.
Monday, September 9, 2019
Tony Cheng's Restaurant, Washington, DC
Seating is limited, please reserve your spot today.
Members: $15 | Non-Members: $20
Silver Table: $150
- 8 seats
- RNLA gift to table purchaser
- Table purchaser recognition at event
Gold Table: $300
- 10 seats
- RNLA gift to table purchaser
- Table purchaser recognition at event
- Premium location near the front of the room
This event is not a fundraiser. RNLA provides opportunities for its members to meet Republican leaders.
Ticket and table sales offset the expenses of holding this event.
Susan Collins is the senior United States Senator from Maine. First elected in 1996, Senator Collins has earned a national reputation as an effective legislator who works across party lines to seek consensus on our nation’s most important issues.
Senator Collins ranks twelfth in Senate seniority and is the most senior Republican woman. She chairs the Senate Aging Committee and the Transportation, Housing, and Urban Development Appropriations Subcommittee. She also serves on the Intelligence Committee as well as the Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee. Known for her Maine work ethic, Senator Collins has never missed a vote in her 23 years in office – more than 6,900 votes in a row.
Senator Collins is recognized as skillful legislator, which is one reason why Elle magazine named her one of the most powerful women in Washington. Her record demonstrates significant legislative accomplishments in such critical areas as homeland security, national defense, disaster response, education, business development, health care, and issues of particular interest to our nation’s seniors. A champion for America’s small businesses, Senator Collins is proud of the 100 percent rating she receives from the National Federation of Independent Business, our nation’s leading small business organization.