2018 National Election Law Seminar
Please join the RNLA at our National Election Law Seminar in Charlotte, North Carolina, on Friday, August 2, and Saturday, August 3, 2019. The Seminar will last all-day on Friday and conclude after lunch on Saturday.
- Up to 9 credit hours of continuing legal education (CLE), including 1 hour of ethics credit.
Classes taught by national election law experts covering topics including:
- The most recent developments in election law and what may be coming to your state soon
- Special preview of the 2020 Republican National Convention
- Redistricting and other voting-related litigation
- Cybersecurity in elections
- Disclosure and political speech regulation
- Campaign finance law and compliance
- Ethics in election law
- Election Day Operations (EDO)
- HR 1, “vote harvesting,” and liberal ideas such as 16-year-olds voting
- Sessions for novice and advanced election law lawyers
- North Carolina election law workshop
The Seminar will take place at the:
Charlotte Marriott City Center
100 West Trade Street
Charlotte, NC, 28202
Luncheons both days will feature a keynote address by prominent conservative and Republican leaders. A Friday evening reception is included with the cost of registration.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Attorney General Alan Wilson, South Carolina Attorney General
- Secretary R. Kyle Ardoin, Louisiana Secretary of State
- Secretary John Merrill, Alabama Secretary of State
- Commissioner Christy McCormick, U.S. Election Assistance Commission
- Commissioner Don Palmer, U.S. Election Assistance Commission
- Jackie Barber, Chief Counsel, U.S. Senate Committee on Rules & Administration
- Erin Clark, Deputy General Counsel, National Republican Congressional Committee
- Justin Clark, Senior Political Advisor and Senior Counsel, Donald J. Trump for President, Inc.
- Ryan Dollar, General Counsel, National Republican Senatorial Committee
- Cole Felder, General Counsel at U.S. House of Representatives, Committee on House Administration
- Ben Gibson, General Counsel, Republican Party of Florida
- Nathan Groth, In-House Counsel, Donald J. Trump for President, Inc.
- Bilenda Harris-Ritter, Commissioner, Arkansas State Board of Elections
- Ron Hicks, Deputy General Counsel, Republican Party of Pennsylvania
- Stefan Passantino, former Deputy White House Counsel
- Justin Riemer, Chief Counsel, Republican National Committee
- John Ryder, former General Counsel, Republican National Committee
- Hans von Spakovsky, Manager, Election Law Reform Initiative, Heritage Foundation
Online registration is now closed. Please email RNLA Executive Director Michael Thielen to inquire about late registration.
***This event is not a fundraiser. RNLA provides opportunities for its members to meet and hear from Republican and conservative leaders.***
The RNLA would like to thank the generous sponsors of the 2019 National Election Law Seminar:
Law Firm Level
John Fogarty of Clark Hill, PLC
Please note: Registration includes both days of the Seminar: Friday, August 2, and Saturday, August 3, 2019. The Seminar will last all-day on Friday and conclude after lunch on Saturday. Lunch both days and an evening reception on Friday are included in the cost of registration.
100 W Trade St
Charlotte, NC 28202
Google map and directions