Early Friday, House Judiciary Republicans released a new report entitled, "FBI Whistleblowers: What Their Disclosures Indicate About the Politicization of the FBI And Justice Department."
#BREAKING: Republicans Release 1,000 Page Report on FBI & DOJ Politicization— House Judiciary GOP (@JudiciaryGOP) November 4, 2022
The report builds on various whistleblower disclosures describing the FBI’s Washington hierarchy as “rotted at its core” with a “systemic culture of unaccountability.” https://t.co/6psSABaaIk
In sum, the report explained:
The Federal Bureau of Investigation, under the stewardship of Director Christopher Wray and Attorney General Merrick Garland, is broken. The problem lies not with the majority of front-line agents who serve our country, but with the FBI’s politicized bureaucracy. The problem lies, for example, with the FBI hierarchy that spied on President Trump’s campaign and ridiculed conservative Americans. The problem lies with FBI bureaucrats who altered and mischaracterized evidence to federal courts, circumvented safeguards, and exploited weaknesses in policies governing investigations and informants to target politically disfavored subjects and to protect favored ones. The problem lies with the FBI structure that centralizes high-profile cases in D.C., in the hands of politicized actors with politicized incentives. Quite simply, the problem—the rot within the FBI—festers in and proceeds from Washington.
Over the last year, a multitude of whistleblowers have approached Judiciary Committee Republicans with allegations of political bias by the FBI’s senior leadership and misuses of the agency’s federal law-enforcement powers. These whistleblowers have risked their careers out of fidelity to principle and a commitment to restoring public trust in the FBI. This report begins to tell their stories. Even at this early stage, one startling conclusion is clear: the FBI and its parent agency, the Justice Department, have become political institutions.
This report details the problems, as recounted in whistleblower disclosures and other forms, that undermine the FBI’s fundamental law-enforcement mission. Whistleblowers describe the FBI’s Washington hierarchy as “rotted at its core,” maintaining a “systemic culture of unaccountability,” and full of “rampant corruption, manipulation, and abuse.” Whistleblowers describe how the FBI has abused its law-enforcement authorities for political purposes, and how actions by FBI leadership show a political bias against conservatives.
According to the press release announcing the report, key takeaways include:
1. The FBI leadership abusing its law-enforcement authority for political reasons.
2. The FBI artificially inflating and manipulating domestic violent extremism statistics for political purposes.
3. The FBI downplaying and reducing the spread of the serious allegations of wrongdoing leveled against Hunter Biden.
4. The Justice Department and FBI using counterterrorism resources to target parents resisting a far-left educational curriculum.
5. The FBI abusing its foreign surveillance authorities.
6. The Justice Department and FBI conducting an unprecedented raid on a former president’s home.
7. The FBI stalking a Republican Congressman on a family vacation to seize his personal cell phone.
8. The Justice Department and the FBI continuing to allow attacks on pro-life facilities and churches to go unabated, while pushing an anti-life agenda.
9. The FBI conducting an “intelligence” assessment of a conservative charity under the guise of investigating unrelated alleged crimes.
10. The FBI purging employees who refuse to align themselves with the leadership’s political ideology.
11. The FBI helping Big Tech to censor Americans’ political speech.
A large portion of the report is composed of letters regarding the above topics previously sent to Biden Administration officials. These letters have gone largely unanswered.
Judiciary Republicans' report is a great reminder of what is at stake in Tuesday's midterm elections.