The Republican National Lawyers Association opposes the nomination of Nancy Abudu to the Eleventh Circuit. Read RNLA's letter in 2022 to Senate Judiciary Chairman Dick Durbin and then-Ranking Member Chuck Grassley here.
- February 9, 2023: The nomination was approved by Senate Judiciary Democrats. The nomination will now need to be approved by the whole Senate. A recording of the meeting can be watched here.
- January 3, 2023: President Joe Biden renominates Nancy Abudu to the Eleventh Circuit.
- May 26, 2022: The Senate Judiciary Committee deadlocks on the nomination, failing to move it to a floor vote. A recording of the meeting can be watched here.
- April 27, 2022: The Senate Judiciary Committee holds a confirmation hearing for Nancy Abudu and other judicial nominees. A recording of the hearing can be watched here.
- January 10, 2022: Nancy Abudu is nominated by President Joe Biden to fill a vacancy on the Eleventh Circuit.
RNLA Blog Posts
- DEMOCRATS "FLOOD THE ZONE WITH SO MANY BAD NOMINEES" (2/9/2023)
- SENATE JUDICIARY SET TO VOTE ON RADICAL BIDEN NOMINEES (2/1/2023)
- BIDEN'S CONTROVERSIAL JUDICIAL NOMINEES (8/22/2022)
- GRASSLEY CALLS OUT EXTREMIST JUDICIAL NOMINEES (5/27/2022)
- ABUDU MAY BE BIDEN'S MOST RADICAL JUDICIAL NOMINEE YET (4/27/2022)
- BIDEN NOMINEE THINKS DENYING VIOLENT FELON VOTING RIGHTS = SLAVERY (4/26/2022)
- THE LEFT HAS A TRUTH PROBLEM ESPECIALLY WHEN IT COMES TO JUDICIAL NOMINEES (2/14/2022)
- MORE PROBLEMS WITH BIDEN'S JUDICIAL NOMINEES (1/12/2022)
- Biden Eleventh Circuit Pick Advances Out of Senate Judiciary (Bloomberg Law, 2/9/2023)
- No centrist senator could possibly approve judicial nominee Nancy Abudu (Washington Examiner, 2/3/2023)
- 5 Things to Know About Nancy Abudu, Leftist SPLC Lawyer Biden Tapped for 11th Circuit (The Daily Signal, 2/1/2023)
- Biden renominates 25 judicial nominees, including longest pending ones (Reuters, 1/3/2023)
- One nominee left in lurch at Senate committee vote on judicial picks (Courthouse News Service, 5/26/2022)
- Senate GOP: Southern Poverty Lawyer a Poor Choice for Judge (Family Research Council, 4/28/2022)
- Nancy Abudu, Another Concession to the Far Left and to One of Its Most Disreputable Organizations (National Review, 4/19/2022)
- Nancy Abudu, SPLC lawyer on Biden Supreme Court shortlist, faces scrutiny (Fox News, 2/14/2022)
- Biden Pushes for a Progressive Transformation of the Courts (National Review, 1/8/2022)
- A judge too far: Senate should reject this radical nominee (Washington Examiner, 1/7/2022)
- Biden’s 11th Circuit judicial nominee is ‘radical activist,’ Family Research Council says (The Washington Times, 1/4//2022)
- Biden nominee equated 'proof of citizenship' with 'voter suppression,' likened felon voting ban to slavery (Fox News, 1/2/2022)
- Biden Judicial Nominee Said ‘Proof of Citizenship’ is ‘Voter Suppression’ (The Daily Wire, 1/1/2022)
- Biden’s Radical Judges (The Association of Mature American Citizens, 2/15/2023)
- Family Research Council Letter in Opposition to the Nomination of Nancy Abudu (1/3/2022)